The investment selection process at Capricorn Venture Partners is designed to sieve out companies that do not meet our investment criteria, cycling through successive review steps by the investment team. After the completion of each step we will provide you – if time constraints allow- with a quick feedback on the status of your project.
Our preferred way of working can be subdivided in the following steps:
- a first contact by phone or e-mail (preferably) by the entrepreneur, or by his advisor. Please contact us at our dedicated e-mail address for investment proposals: firstname.lastname@example.org
- an executive summary as a key document to capture our interest
- presentation of the business plan to our investment team
- discussions on the project with different members of your team including one or more full-day visits to the company
- a term sheet summarizing the main terms and conditions of a potential investment
- due diligence process
- final closing requiring a shareholders and subscription agreement and eventual amendments of the articles of association
The process from first contact to closing will typically take between two to five months depending on the stage of your preparation.
Capricorn Venture Partners is prepared to take the lead in or to co-lead investments. In most cases we do prefer a syndication in order to be able to provide enough additional financial resources if required.